‘Keeping You Powered’ During Unprecedented Times
During this global pandemic, we have come together and seen so many great examples of how strong and resilient we are as a nation in the fight against COVID-19, our immediate thoughts are with those who have been affected by the virus.
At H&Askham we are working together as a team, to do the best we can for our workforce, clients and suppliers, aligning our business operations to government guidelines to help us stay focused on successfully and safely delivering projects and supporting each other as colleagues.
These are unprecedented circumstances and it is important that we approach with a sense of calm and responsibility—because we have many people counting on us. As the Coronavirus situation continues to present us with new challenges, we will be thinking of even more ways we can be helpful and supportive to all of our teams and clients.
In the meantime, please continue to take care of yourselves and each other and get in touch if you feel there is anything we can do to help you. It is more important than ever that we keep the world powered and keep vital services running, with no interruption.
What are we doing to cope with the effects of COVID-19?
We are doing everything we can to contain the spread of Coronavirus, keeping our workforce, our clients, our stakeholders and the rest of the world safe:
- Following initial government guidance in March 2020, we closed our offices, and where possible, our teams began working from home. Our workforce are based at sites all over the UK and internationally, and we are therefore adept at working remotely and have put in place additional detailed guidance and processes to ensure the smooth running of all our operations.
- For any members of our teams not able to work from home, we have increased health and safety measures across all our sites, to ensure they are operating in accordance with the highest possible hygiene standards, whilst also adhering to ongoing Government guidelines in both the UK and abroad.
- We use Microsoft Teams for video conferencing, which has always been widely used within our organisation, due to the nature of our offsite and international project work. We are using this as a tool to continue with internal and external meetings. We also hold regular social meetings and quiz nights to help boost morale, encourage team spirit and create an extra level of support to our teams during this difficult time.
- The psychological and physical wellbeing of our workforce is vital and as such we have provided guidance to all our colleagues on how best to manage their mental health during this challenging time, offering everyone ongoing support. We also have our own fully trained Mental Health First Aider – Leigh Barker, who has gone through all the necessary training to qualify him for this role. Working from home is not always easy, particularly for individuals in such critical roles within the ever-important energy sector.
- Our business continuity plans have been modified to consider any of the potential disruptions to daily operations. We are familiar with operating in an ever-changing industry, often under extremely challenging conditions, making us well equipped to handle these challenging times.
In line with H&Askham policy, we have also introduced the following precautionary measures which are reviewed on a project by project and site by site basis:
- All of our personnel are using strict handwashing and sanitising procedures when getting before, after and during shifts, and all individuals on any project must inform their Supervisor /Client Representative /Site Foreman or Vessel Master if they develop any COVID-19 related symptoms.
- Only essential staff are manning our Erith HQ, all employees and visitors are asked to sign in upon arrival and record their temperature measurement. Hand sanitising facilities are available. Everyone must adhere to social distancing and where face coverings when not sat at their desk or eating/drinking.
- Visitors to Erith HQ must complete a COVID assessment form and only attend by prior arrangement.
- For our offshore projects, COVID-19 testing, temperature checks and pre-shift isolation/quarantine are some of the measures being taken prior to embarking vessels. Onshore leave has been restricted and crew change rotations updated to minimise risk as far as possible and keep all our staff on board vessels and out on sites safe and well.
- On all other sites, access has been restricted to only key members of the team. Measures have been taken to allow social distancing. For any critical path activities and operations where this is not possible full COVID risk assessments have been undertaken.
- All non-business-critical travel has been cancelled across the organisation.
Our Continued Commitment
Stability in the energy sector is vital during this global pandemic and we take the importance of our role in this very seriously. We want to thank everyone for their continued support and re-iterate our committed approach to pulling together with our workforce, clients and the wider world, to navigate through this difficult time. We are 100% committed to providing uninterrupted service to all clients and are available via the normal communication channels should you have any questions or concerns.
Stay safe and thank you.