Your privacy matters to us as much as it does to you
H&Askham is committed to respecting your privacy. All personal information collected and processed is in accordance with the UK’s Data Protection Law, which means, the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and any equivalent legislation amending, supplementing or replacing the GDPR.
Please read this policy carefully before you submit any personal information via our website. This policy provides transparent information about the personal information that H&Askham collects and the ways in which H&Askham uses that personal information.
- This policy may change from time to time and, if it does, the up-to-date version will always be available on our website and becomes effective immediately.
- This policy applies to personal information acquired through various media, this can include, but not be limited to; current and prospective client’s personnel; third parties with whom we have contact by virtue of providing our services; contractors/suppliers and their personnel; those with whom we work in the context of our corporate responsibility initiatives; those who submit correspondence to us and whose details are otherwise entered into our systems and portals; any visitor to our offices and onsite at projects; and, when you use any of the electronic communication including but not limited to, telephone, fax, email, and our website, including ‘contact us’.
- When you visit H&Askham website [www.handaskham.co.uk] to view any pages or read product information, you do so without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information. While we do not collect identifying information about visitors to our website, we do use standard software/cookies to collect information for the strict purpose of tracking activity on our websites. This allows us to better understand how many people use our website and which pages and features are most popular. Please refer to our ‘Cookies Policy’ section (below) for further details.
- Pages of the H&Askham website may contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that H&Askham does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or use of the third parties website.
- Your personal data will only be processed for the purposes set out below and in accordance with Data Protection Law. H&Askham will not process your personal data in any manner incompatible with these purposes unless we are required to do so by law.
- H&Askham may hold and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To record and respond to any communication you have made with us including by way of telephone, through the website, email address of H&Askham, any other electronic form of communication and post; to provide you with information that you have requested or to send you subscriptions that you have consented to, such as newsletters and marketing campaigns. When providing your company information via email we use a third party platform called Mailchimp, where we use track click and open rates as well the platform’s analytics functionality, to monitor and enhance our communications for our subscribers.
- Manage our relationship with you or third parties (such as your personnel) including for administration, accounting and relationship management purposes.
- Process any application you or your representative has submitted for an employment or other opportunity (such as agency or volunteering work) with H&Askham.
- To help us develop the website to be more useful to you and to keep it safe and secure.
- To respond to any problems you report with our website.
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website when you choose to do so.
In handling your information
- We will ensure your data is protected and your privacy is kept.
- We will only collect and process your data when necessary.
- We will not sell, let, or in any way distribute or, make public your personal information.
- We will never spam you.
H&Askham processes Personal Data as a Controller, as defined in the Directive and the GDPR. If you have any questions or concerns, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collecting personal information
H&Askham may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Personal details and contact information.
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Information about your use of this website (including cookies).
- Your website interaction information, such as anonymous IP Address, geological location, device and operating system, internet browser type and version, URLs with regards to how you came to this website, your activity on this website and where you exit to.
- Information that you provide for completing a web form or mailing list subscription on the website.
- Information about transactions carried out over this website “Cookies,” which enables the website to remember your information if you return to the site, such as to keep you logged in or to remember your login credentials if you return to the site.
- And any other information that you send to H&Askham.
Using personal information
H&Askham may use your personal information:
- To provide or supply the products/services that you purchase.
- For internal record keeping and accounting.
- For the improvement of our products/services.
- For the transmission of promotional materials that may be of interest to you.
- To personalise the website for you.
- To enable your access to and use of the website services.
Google Analytics is set to collect data anonymously, with the IP anonymisation configuration setting activate and will not record the full IP address.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
H&Askham use MailChimp to manage our newsletter and bulk customer communications. We will store some of your information, including your address, IP address and certain information about the links you click within the emails we send you, on a Mailchimp server.
We will keep a record of consent for marketing communications. We may contact existing customers infrequently on the basis of the legitimate interests with non-marketing and essential communications.
There’s no third-party tracking in messages we send through MailChimp besides their own analytics. Neither H&Askham nor Mailchimp, will ever sell your address or share it with any other party unless we are legally compelled to do so.
Securing your data
H&Askham take the following measures to secure your data:
- H&Askham has a Data Governance Policy in operation and will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- H&Askham will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers. We will never provide access to our databases to a non-trusted third party.
- Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
- Under the GDPR rulings, we would inform our users within 72 hours if any breach of security occurs that might compromise your data.
How you can restrict or access your personal data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can leave unchecked to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to Unit 15, Horizon Business Centre, Alder Close, Veridion Park, Erith, DA18 4AJ.
- Unsubscribing via the unsubscribe link on a marketing campaign.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you, by applying in writing to Unit 15, Horizon Business Centre, Alder Close, Veridion Park, Erith, DA18 4AJ. We will supply this information within 30 days. If any data is incorrect we will correct it as soon as we receive appropriate notice or evidence from you in writing.
BELOW IS THE BEAR BONES OF YOUR RIGHTS DO YOU WANT TO ADD A MORE COMPREHENSIVE SET OF RIGHTS? DELETE FROM SITE ??????????????????? ILL SEND AN EXAMPLE
The right to be forgotten
We will retain your personal information only for as long as necessary, whilst retaining legal requirements for maintaining financial records. You have the right to instruct us to delete all the personal information held. Should you wish to instruct us to delete please do so in writing to Unit 15, Horizon Business Centre, Alder Close, Veridion Park, Erith, DA18 4AJ. Any data no longer required will be deleted or destroyed securely and confidentially.
The right of rectification
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is current and accurate. If inaccurate or incomplete data is identified, we will take steps to correct the data, or remove securely and confidentially. You have the right to instruct us to remove incomplete personal data held. Should you wish to request incomplete data removal, please do so in writing to Unit 15, Horizon Business Centre, Alder Close, Veridion Park, Erith, DA18 4AJ
Cookies policy – what is a cookie?
When you enter a site, your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie. Cookies are text files that identify your computer to our server. Cookies in themselves do not contain any personal identifying information about a visitor or their location. They just identify the computer used. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their site in order to track traffic flows and patterns of behaviour of site visitors.
Cookies can also be used to provide you with tailored information when visiting a company website. A Cookie is an element of data the website will send to your browser, which will then be stored on your computer. This element of data is a piece of text, not a program. The website can only access the information from a Cookie sent by specific website and it cannot access other Cookies sent by other websites or the information contained there. Additionally, we cannot learn your email address or any other information about you through the use of a Cookie.
Can I decline to accept a cookie?
You will be given the option to accept or decline non-essential cookies when you first visit our website and every 30 days thereafter. You can manage Cookies at any time during a 30 day period by following the relevant instructions below depending on the browser you are using:
If you remain dissatisfied following our response to any enquiry you can address your concerns to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), by contacting them via their live chat service ico.org.uk/livechat or calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113, or via their website www.ico.org.uk.
Social media policy & usage
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify the authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page.
Use of services by minors
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that they not provide Personal Data through the Services.
Changes to this policy
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
By consenting, you are giving H&Askham permission to process your personal information specifically for the purposes identified. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal information we will always tell you why and how the information will be used. When consent is required for H&Askham to process this sensitive information, your consent will be explicitly requested by us.
If you are under 18, please ensure that you have obtained your parental/guardian’s permission in advance whenever you provide personal information to us.
You may withdraw consent at any time by writing to us Unit 15, Horizon Business Centre, Alder Close, Veridion Park, Erith, DA18 4AJ or via email email@example.com
You can contact us at any point for the following purposes
- Request access to information that H&Askham has about you.
- Correct any information that H&Askham has about you.
- Request the deletion of information that H&Askham has about you.
End of Policy